EXCLUSIVE FIRST LOOK: New Footage Of 107-Year-Old Man Killed By SWAT (VIDEO)

On September 7, 2013, 107-year-old Monroe Isadore, the oldest living resident of Pine Bluff, Arkansas, was killed during a shoot out with officers while he was laying in his bed. This Crime Watch Daily exclusive shows exactly what happened.

Authorities claimed that Isadore shot at the SWAT officers, who returned fire and killed him only after unsuccessfully using a camera, negotiating tactics and gas.

Many questions remained, however, and Crime Watch Daily has provided us with an early look at some never-before-seen footage to help provide answers.

According to the police report, a woman named Laurie Barlow and Isadore’s granddaughter had went to the home where the elderly man was temporarily residing to help him move into a new home with around-the-clock care. While he had previously seemed excited about the move, the over-a-century-old man had a change of heart and barricaded himself into a room when they arrived.

When his granddaughter finally got him to open the door, Isadore reportedly pointed a gun at her.

Police were called and Barlow and the granddaughter were moved out of the home. When further negotiations failed, a SWAT team was brought in.

The SWAT team reportedly sent in a pole camera and attempted to negotiate before slipping tear gas into the room through a window. The grandfather was laying in his bed.

They would fire in a flash bang grenade as a “distraction device” and barge into the room by banging down his door.

Crime Watch Daily reported:

“At first, police tried talking him out, but they didn’t realize Isadore probably didn’t hear them.

Cops use tear gas to smoke him out, and time was on their side. For an hour, they recorded Isadore looking like he was preparing to take an afternoon nap.”

Amid the commotion, which was specifically designed to disorient and confuse, Isadore reportedly fired his weapon. The team of officers who had entered the home returned fire, and the grandfather was killed.

Crime Watch Daily has also provided us with a first look at newly obtained footage from the incident:

A gag-order was quickly issued on the case, but many details have emerged over the past two years.

Crime Watch Daily also put together a time line of events:

  • 4:59 p.m. The SWAT team arrives, cops have the house surrounded, and a negotiator is pleading with Isadore to give up his gun and come outside. Someone reminds police the 107-year-old man is hard of hearing and legally blind.
  • 6 p.m. An hour into the standoff. Police have evacuated the neighbors and moved them down the street and out of harm’s way while the SWAT captain devises a plan hoping for a peaceful ending. On camera they see Monroe Isadore still reclining in his bed. So far, he’s still not responding to their pleas to surrender.
  • 6:07 p.m. The plan goes into action. Suddenly two cans of tear gas are thrown into the room — more than enough to force anyone out. The noise is so loud, it startles the old man and he responds with more gunfire.
  • 6:08 p.m. Just seconds after the tear gas, police toss in another diversion device, an explosive flash-bang, and then they bust through the door. The noise shocks Isadore too. He raises up in the bed and fires his gun again.
“I threw the grenade,” Officer Brad Vilches stated as he was interviewed by Special Prosecutor Jason Barrett, Special Deputy Prosecutor Jack McQuary and State Police Special Agent Lt. Scott Woodward on Sept. 26, nearly three weeks after the incident. . “It goes off. There is a shot fired as I, I believe as I’m getting back in line, and then, uh, he’s getting up, getting ready to shoot again, and uh, that’s when I’m engaging.”

Vilches continued:

“We was taking fire, my teammates could not return fire and he was shooting at us and I feared for their lives. I mean, I stepped up and thought I could take care of the threat because I was in the door. I was the farthest one away and, uh, I had a gap. So I stepped out there and took away the threat.”

The officers involved were cleared of any wrongdoing, despite a video released by the attorneys representing his family.  Attorney Benjamin Crump said of the video:

“This video certainly shows a lot of vivid details of the final moments of Monroe Isadore’s life and whether or not the Pine Bluff police department could have used less intrusive measures than to kill a 107-year-old man in the bed.”

Three years have passed since Isadore’s death and the family is still in the process of suing the city for pain, suffering, mental anguish, as well as funeral expenses.

Featured Image via Crime Watch Daily Screen Grab